The Prologue is, functionally, the tutorial for Dokapon Kingdom's Story Mode. It introduces Spaces, the most fundamental part of the game, and many mechanics, such as the Spinner, Battles, etc. These are important in the game
DescriptionEditThe Prologue is a tutorial Chapter that must be played through in every new game. It gives new Adventurers the opportunity and room to learn all the mechanics they need to complete the rest of the game, while still refreshing experienced Adventurers, as well. All Spaces are on plains, and no battles are able to take place until after Item, G, and Equipment Spaces, which allows players to be able to gear up before the real game.
The objective of the Prologue is to get to the end at great speed. Once at the end, the King of Dokapon awards the Adventurer Skill Points (Stat Points) to be spent on whatever the Adventurer so desires, depending on the speed at which they arrived at the end, and starter equipment if the Adventurer did not obtain sufficient equipment in the Prologue. Afterward, the Adventurer is warped to the Overworld to start gaining experience. The more Adventurers that make it to the end of the Prologue, the less skill points the player receives. Once all the Adventurers have completed the Prologue, gotten their skill points, and advanced to the Overworld, Chapter 1 begins.
- 1st player: 8 Stat points.
- 2nd player: (in a game with more than 2 players) 6 Stat points.
- 3rd player: (in a game with more than 3 players) 5 Stat points.
- Final player, or anyone who does not make it there in 2 weeks: 4 Stat Points.
The Prologue is the only part of Story Mode that features a deadline. If an Adventurer does not make it to the end of the Prologue by 2 Weeks, the King magically teleports them to Dokapon Castle. From there, the Adventurer will still gain skill points and starter equipment, but not the lead that the other Adventurers may have on them.
The Prologue will end immediately after all Adventurers reach Dokapon Castle. Unlike other chapters, the current rankings will not be displayed, no salary will be given, and you won't be prompted to save.
- All Monsters encountered in the prologue area will be Kobolds.
- It is unknown where the Prologue takes place (in reference to parallels, as all continents in Dokapon Kingdom have real-world parallels).
- Interestingly, the Castle in the Clouds and the Prologue Area share the same music, and they are both the only place in the game where Battle Magic Spaces, Weapon Spaces, and Shield Spaces exist.
- The Dokapon Castle's entrance is just a small hole for rats.
- The Prologue area can never be revisited.