Give Up is a Battle Command when you are defending. However, choosing this option has bad side effects. When you Give Up, you are inflicted with a Special Status known as Time Out. You cannot do anything for your next turn, however, if you are inflicted with Poison or Z Plague, or in the Sunken Shrine, you will still take damage. Also, Blackmail can activate. Fortunately, you cannot be targeted by Field Magic. You cannot Give Up against a Darkling, against Robo-Sassin, against Comacho, if you are wanted, are inflicted with In-Battle Paralysis, or are Will Binded. The penalties for giving up is dependent on who you give up against.
Giving Up against Player Edit
- They can force their debt onto you.
- They can force Cursed Items onto you.
- They can change your name.
- They can give you 2 Field Status Ailments.
- They can forgive you, and choose NOT to Rob, Give, or Prank you.
Also, the player you gave up against will become equal in EXP to you, if they are lower-leveled.
Giving Up against a Monster Edit
- They can take 1/4 of your G.
- They can take 1, 2, or 3 Items.
- They can take 1, 2, or 3 Field Magics.
- You won't lose a Town.
- If you have no Items, Field Magics, or G, they will have 50% chance to do nothing.
The CPUs give up when they find something that can kill them, or if the attacker has Banish, but the defender has no magic defense. They also give up when they fight a monster when a Darkling is on a map.