Defensive Magic reduces Magic Damage taken during battle by a certain percentage when equipped. When actively used against Offensive Magic, the damage is further reduced and a counter effect is triggered.
|1||M Guard||500G||20%||Asiana, Hallstatt, Casino Cave, Clovis, Lava Cave 3F, Daunting Mountain 1F||Protect||None|
|2||M Guard+||50,000G||60%||Lava Cave 3F, Daunting Mountain 1F, Underground Passage||Protect||None|
|3||M Guard DX||95,000G||90%||Aphrike, Underground Passage, Flinders||Protect||None|
|4||Refresh||5,750G||20%||Asiana, Clovis, Lava Cave 3F, Daunting Mountain 1F||Heal||Recovers a bit of HP.|
|5||Refresh+||40,000G||35%||Daunting Mountain 1F, Aphrike||Heal||Recovers a lot of HP.|
|6||Refresh DX||80,000G||50%||Flinders, Tower of Rabble 2F||Heal||Fully heals the user.|
|7||Super Cure||25,000G||50%||Clovis, Aphrike||Heal||Cures all the user's status ailments.|
|8||Seal Magic||20,000G||30%||Casino Cave, Clovis, Lava Cave 3F, Aphrike||Counter||Seals the opponent's Offensive Magic.|
|9||Seal Magic+||60,000G||50%||Flinders||Counter||Seals the opponent's Offensive Magic and Defensive Magic.|
|10||Shock||145,000G||60%||Underground Passage||Counter||Stuns the opponent.|
|11||Mirror||150,000G||50%||Flinders||Counter||Damages the opponent for half the damage taken. Reflects effect back at opponent.|
|12||MG Charge||5,000G||35%||Hallstatt, Casino Cave||Assist||Raises the user's MG by 50%.|
|13||AT Charge||6,250G||35%||Casino Cave||Assist||Raises the user's AT by 50%.|
|14||DF Charge||3,750G||35%||Asiana, Hallstatt||Assist||Raises the user's DF by 50%.|
|15||SP Charge||2,500G||35%||Asiana, Hallstatt||Assist||Raises the user's SP by 50%.|
|16||Charge All||120,000G||60%||Tower of Rabble 2F||Assist||Raises all the user's stats by 50%.|
|17||Charm||160,000G||70%||Underground Passage, Tower of Rabble 2F||Counter||Seals the opponent's Attack and Counter commands.|
|18||Bounce||360,000G||0%||Tower of Rabble 2F||Counter||Causes the opponent to take the damage and effect instead.|
|19||Super Bounce||2G||0%||None||Counter||Causes the opponent to take the damage amplified to 400% and effect instead.|
- This is one of the most important things to upgrade, because of attacks from other people's magic being reduced. You should almost always get a defensive magic spell over an offensive magic spell, unless you need the extra damage.
- The effect does not trigger if the user dies from the attack.
- Super bounce can't be bought at stores, only at the 500,000 slots in the Casino or earned from Darkling, and other people might target you for it. Make sure you are ready if you get it.
- Charge All and Charm can basically win you a fight all by themselves when activated, since they increase your stats to great heights, or allow you to get a free strike spree till they die, or give up.
- Even though Bounce and Super Bounce are great when they are pulled off correctly, you take full damage if you do not defend against magic at the right time, potentially killing you off if a Magician or an Alchemist pull it off. Be cautious when using this set.
- It is basically required to get a good defensive spell on a Ninja to avoid taking massive or lethal damage from field or battle magics, and battle magic does not miss without a Bounce or super bounce magic, as well as decoy 50% of the time. Along with even then, it still hits the attacker.
- Bounce and Super Bounce reflect the damage that would have been done to YOU if pulled off. For example, if I have 400 MG, and get magic attacked by a character with 8 MG, Bouncing or Super Bouncing will do no damage to them. Likewise, if I have 1 MG and get attacked by someone with 150 MG, and I Super Bounce, if the attack would have done 2200 damage to me, it would instead do 8800 damage to them.