In Dokapon Kingdom, a Computer Player (CPU), Darkling, some Story Bosses, and all special event Boss Monsters (Comacho, Wabbit, etc.) have Auto-counter, so unless their Counter is sealed, they will pick Counter if the player picks Strike.
Certain Status Effects, Defensive Magic Recoils, and Battle Skills will make certain Battle Commands unable to be picked. In addition, players cannot Give Up in the Coliseum, if they are Wanted, the caster of Death Call (versus the target), a Darkling, or fighting a Darkling. Also, Town Monsters and Boss Monsters are unable to use Give Up.
When an Adventurer is attacking another Adventurer or a Monster, there are 4 Battle Commands that can be chosen. The buttons to be pressed in order to issue these commands are as follows, and are listed in Kingdom First, DX Second. For The Kingdom Version, Wii first, PS2 second, and for The DX Version, GC Third, PS2 Fourth.
- Up/Triangle, Y/Square = Offensive Magic.
- Left/Square, B/Cross = Strike.
- Right/Circle, A/Circle = Attack.
- Down/Cross, X/Triangle = Battle Skill, or Weapon Skill in DX
When an Adventurer is defending from an attack, there are 4 Battle Commands that can be chosen.
- Up/Triangle, Y/Square = Defensive Magic.
- Left/Square, B/Cross = Counter.
- Right/Circle, A/Circle = Defend.
- Down/Cross, X/Triangle = Give Up.